Terms and Conditions
These Terms & Conditions regulate the agreement between Vantage Windows & Doors Ltd “the Company” and the Customer “the Customer.”
- The customer warrants that he/she is the proprietor of the subjects of installation or alternatively that he/she is acting as agent for such proprietor. In the event that there is more than one proprietor, liability to the company is joint and several.
- The customer has the right to cancel without penalty, provided the company is notified in writing within 14 days of the date of contract. Any deposit will be returned in full, such notification must be sent recorded delivery to the company as its head office. Other than foregoing right to cancel, the customer shall proceed with the contract. In the event that he/she refuses to do so or otherwise prevents the installation and completion of contract, any deposit paid by the customer shall be retained by the company by way of damages, and the company shall be entitled to claim any further damages sustained by it from the customer including the cost of manufacture of the product together with the company’s expenses of administration and loss of profit.
- The contract contains all conditions of contract between the parties except those subsequently agreed in writing and signed by both parties. No verbal discussions between the parties shall vary the contract.
- Any additional work required and agreed to must be detailed in writing and signed by both parties.
- The company may withdrawal from this contract without penalty at any time up to 4 working days from inspection by the company’s technical surveyor.
- The company may vary the design or specification of installers without notice to the customer in the event that the original design or specification cannot be achieved for technical reasons.
- Applications for planning permission and/or a building warrant are the responsibility of the customer unless otherwise stated on the contract.
- The delivery period shall be earlier of that stated in the contract or a period of 6 weeks. After the commencement of the installation, the company shall not be responsible for any delay occurring outwith its reasonable control.
- The customer will provide access to enable installation to be completed upon being notified by the company that the product had been manufactured. If, as a result of a delay on the part of the customer, access is not given within 42 days of such notification, the balance of the purchase price shall become immediately due and payable by the customer to the company.
- The balance of the purchase shall be payable to the company upon completion of the installation. The customer shall pay such balance to the installation team in cash or by certified cheque payable to the company. A receipt will be issued to the customer. Any monies outstanding to the company after completion will incur interest charges of 3% per month.
- The company guarantees will be issued once the customer makes payment in full.
- All goods remain the property of the company until paid in full by the customer.
- The specification of the goods used in the manufacture of the products shall be determined by the company.
- All glass will be determined by the company but will comply with the BS6262 safety glazing standard.
- Any complaints concerning defects must be made in writing by the customers to the company within 5 days of completion of installation, failing which the customer shall be deemed to be satisfied in all respects with the supply and installation of the product.
- The company shall be under no liability to make good any existing damage or any latent defects to brick or plasterwork, rendering, painting, por decoration, woodwork finishes or fittings or furniture. The company shall endeavour to reinstate damage caused solely as a result of the installation but shall not be bound to carry out or reinstate decoration works.
- The company shall not be responsible for any consequences arising front the removal of brick or stonework.
- The company shall not be responsible for the replacement of damaged wall tiles or redecoration required as a result of the installation nor by any resulting changes in the window sizes requiring alteration or replacement window, blinds, curtains or any other window coverings.
- The company shall not be responsible for any works required to the customer’s alarm system as a result of the installation.
- This contract shall be governed by Scot’s Law. These terms and conditions of sale do not affect the customer’s statutory rights under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 as amended or other statutory rights.
- Method of payment. The customer shall not be entitled to by reason of any alleged defects to withhold more than a proportion amount of the total sum due.
- Payment by credit card will incur 2.5% charge.
All goods remain the property of the company until paid for in full by the customer
At Vantage Windows and Doors, we always endeavour to provide the best service and products for our customers.
However, on rare occasions, we recognise that there may be times where our customers may not be completely satisfied. To ensure we are able to put things right as soon as we can, please read our complaints procedure below, and we will respond promptly to ensure complete satisfaction.
As soon as possible after the completion of the works, please inspect the work to ensure everything has been carried out to our usual high standards. In the unlikely event there is anything you are not completely satisfied with, please contact us as soon as you can in order that we can rectify any problems as soon as possible.
Contact us by any of the following methods
- Call us on 01698 748888
- Write to us at 2 Johnstone St. Bellshill ML4 1DE (please request proof of receipt if posting)
- Or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
We aim to respond within 2 days of receiving your complaint and, where possible, will provide you with a date to remedy any issues raised.
Vantage Windows and Doors is a member of Independent Network, part of Network VEKA Ltd.
On the receipt of your complaint, the business aims to respond within 5 days. Vantage Windows and Doors will arrange a convenient date to come and view and/or remedy the situation within 28 days. In the unlikely event, the business is unable to resolve your complaint, having exhausted the complaints procedure, it may be necessary to use another complaint service. Where the business cannot resolve the complaint to your satisfaction and/or agree to the final resolution requests confirmed to us; and both parties agree a ‘deadlock’ has been reached, you can then escalate your complaint.
The business has access to an Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) service for our domestic installation, service, repair and maintenance as part of the Which? Trusted Traders Endorsement.
If you choose to, you can refer your complaint to Which? Trusted Traders’ Alternative Dispute Resolution. You will need to contact Which? Trusted Traders on 0117 456 6031 who can explain if you are eligible to use their Alternative Dispute Resolution.